As System Engineer you will be designing new electronic products, in particular state-of-the-art real-time time-of-flight depth sensors and cameras. Your main focus will be to improve our cameras depth maps by finding novel ways to utilize their hardware and by designing new signal and image processing algorithms. You will carry out innovative research related to time-of-flight and other 3D sensing techniques.
We offer you the opportunity to gain multidisciplinary experience with image and signal processing, computer vision, image sensors and device physics as well as digital and analog electronics, while working on a broad range of applied research projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES AS SYSTEM ENGINEER
- Characterization and modelling of Time-of-Flight systems
- Design and execute experiments and analyse measurement data
- Find new ideas to improve performance, or reduce size, power consumption or BOM cost of existing and future products
- Develop these ideas into proven, stable product features
- Have a broad overview of the whole solution stack (from image sensor to end-user software application), help improve it at all levels, and define at which level(s) features are implemented
QUALIFICATIONS AS SYSTEM ENGINEER
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual with the following skills:
- Fluent in English
- Master’s degree
- Good knowledge of Matlab and statisticsis required
- Experience with algorithm development and/or characterization and modelling
- Experience with multiple programming languages and software development processes
- Knowledge of Python, C, and/or C++ is an advantage
- Experience with analog and digital electronics is an advantage
- Knowledge of image processing is an advantage
- An analytical mind, strong commitment to quality and attention to detail are necessary. You are able to work autonomously and take initiative
- Result-oriented, pragmatic and innovative problem-solver
- Team spirit, good social skills and a broad interest in technology are a must since you will be working in a multidisciplinary team of hardware and software engineers
Apply for job
SoftKinetic is the leader in 3D vision and gesture recognition technologies. DepthSense® 3D CMOS Time-of-Flight sensors and cameras, together with advanced middleware, provide cutting-edge 3D vision capabilities for a wide variety of industries including gaming, AR/VR, PC, mobile and automotive.
- Address Belgium