Description of the Java Engineer position
You want to combine passion and IT expertise ?
You are talented, motivated and ambitious? Then, we will be more than happy to meet you!
Arηs Spikeseed is looking for a Java Engineer like a boss (in da cloud) with a crash for cutting edge technologies: you will join a development team, based in Luxembourg, working on a very ambitious project that features a number of technologies, frameworks and standards that will tremendously boost your experience!
In particular, you will deal with the emerging world of the Semantic Web and Cloud computing where you will go beyond the boundaries of relational databases and start processing big data! Cloud computing, RDF, SPARQL and inference will have no secret for you!
We are looking for someone that :
- Has turned into IT by the love of code;
- Has a great interest for state-of-the-art technologies;
- Is a Team player;
- Is curious and creative, autonomous and dynamic;
- Is not afraid to look at things from a different standpoint!
As Java Engineer, you will:
- Advise, challenge and discuss with the team on the architecture and requirements;
- Set up the tools and architecture;
- Set up actions to ensure high level of quality and satisfaction;
- Be part of all the global improvements;
- Build and maintain efficient and reliable Java code;
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies;
- Be a driver of change and innovation within the company;
- Mutually share and strengthen your knowledge with the rest of the team, which makes of SCRUM its Gospel!
Your Profile as Java Engineer
A good start is:
- Agile practices (continuous integration, automated testing, pair programming…);
- The Spring ecosystem;
- Java 8 and related technologies;
- RESTful Services;
- RDBMS (Oracle);
- Application Servers (JBoss, Tomcat);
Bonus. You will delight us if you also have experience/knowledge in:
- SemanticWeb-related technologies (RDF, RDFs, SPARQL, OWL, SKOS);
- Semantic Triple Stores (Oracle RDF Store, Openlink Virtuoso);
- Fedora Repository;
- Spring Boot;
- Spring Cloud Data Flow;
- Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Continuous Delivery.
What you’ll get
- An informal hierarchy & work environment
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
- Learning & development opportunities
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
- An attractive salary package
With an attractive salary and benefits package − including advantageous fringe benefits − you’ll be well paid for what you love to do.
- Exciting projects
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
- A strong corporate culture
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients − our values form the foundation of the way we work.
- A rock solid company
With more than 140 customers, and 36% organic growth in FY2016, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.