Cabify is a well funded, fast-growing private transport app and service operating in over 10 countries across Europe and Latin America. With the help of our drivers we’ve improved transportation options across more than 30 cities and we’re only getting started. We have a funky head office in Madrid and local offices in each of our cities.
In maintaining the culture of an early-stage startup we have a very open, flexible culture and flat organization.
We’re looking for great people, so whether you’ve got a bunch of great experience in your field or you’re a super talented junior looking to gain more experience, we’re interested in chatting to you.
Process may vary by role, but typically follows the following steps
- Response and request to complete a relevant challenge (no time limit)
- Code/challenge review and feedback
- Phone/Hangouts/In-person Interview
REQUIREMENTS AS ANDROID ENGINEER
We’re looking for a talented Android Developer to work on our Rider and/or Driver apps. You’ll have close interaction with our product, design and business teams.
- 2+ years of Android experience
- Experience with git or svn
- Experience interacting with REST API
- Can properly write unit tests for your code
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design
- Good understanding of web technologies and Linux
- Thrive working in a fast pace, start-up environment with constant learning
- Previously published a Google Play app
BENEFITS AS ANDROID ENGINEER
- Great tech stack (Ruby, Go, Elixir, Backbone, React, iOS/Rubymotion, Android/Java, NoSQL/Couchdb/Rethinkdb/Scylla etc…)
- Experiment with new technologies
- Free Cabify rides
- 24 days paid vacation
- Regular team activities (monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work opportunities
- Continuous learning
- Equipment provided (MB Pro + 27 inch display)